The Takedown Kickstarter: 4 days to go!
There's hope for the hardcore yet. The Kickstarter for Serellan's tactical shooter Takedown is now at 106,000 USD! Obviously the rebooted page info has had a lot to do with this renewed interest.
Here's a rundown of some of Takedown's newly-announced features:
- Mission planning is back!
- Take the role of PMCs (Private Military Contractors) in scenarios located all over the world
- Play a persistent campaign with resource management in between missions
- Combat the old-school tactical way: bullets are lethal and health doesn't regenerate
- Close quarters battles in tight and non-linear maps
If any of these points seem remotely interesting, head on over to the Kickstarter and show your support! It's sad that making a game like this is considered breaking the mold nowadays -- me, I think the mold needs breaking at this point.