OMGeek Podcast 10: SteamOS
Papa Gabe, Father of Understanding, unleashed his three-pronged announcement upon the gaming world not too long ago. Jaws met floors and eyes vacated their sockets, naturally, but the whole affair also got us thinking about what SteamOS (and Steam Machines, and the Steam Controller) means for the future of the hobby. Our friend Mitch Ellis joins us once again to discuss our hopes and predictions for Valve's newest endeavor. We are also reviving the open pinball challenge! Post your table of choice in the comments (from Pinball Aracade or Zen Pinball or Pinball FX or whatever, we're not picky) and we'll have a friendly high score competition!
[audio src="http://traffic.libsyn.com/omgeek/omgeek_e10.mp3" format="mp3"] Download the episode here
- What We’re Playing: Beyond: Two Souls demo, Battlefield 4 beta, Terraria 1.2, Star Wars Pinball (Zen Pinball 2)
Stuff in this episode
- SteamOS: could Valve's game console challenge Windows?
- What the SteamOS announcement means for living room PC gaming
- Tripwire: "SteamOS, Steam Machines, and Steam Controller will be the best thing to happen to PC gaming since digital distribution"
- Anamanaguchi - Helix Nebula
- Anamanaguchi - Airbase
Follow and subscribe
- Subscribe - http://omgeek.libsyn.com/rss
- Email - email@example.com
- Facebook - www.facebook.com/omgeek
- Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/omgeek
- Google+ - https://plus.google.com/102031069587323958206
- iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/ph/podcast/the-omgeek.net-podcast/id661582236
- Stitcher - http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=35657&refid=stpr