OMGeek Podcast 1: Character Consistency in Games
It’s true! We’ve been working hard at it, and today we’re proud to announce that the first-ever episode of the OMGeek podcast is now live. Swords for everyone!
This episode’s topic is Character Consistency in Games. We discuss the problem of video game characters and how often and how easily we can play them out of character through the design of the game itself. We also touch upon the topic of ludonarrative dissonance briefly.
[audio src="http://traffic.libsyn.com/omgeek/omgeek_e01.mp3" format="mp3"] Download the episode here
- What We’re Playing: SimCity, Persona 4 Arena, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Pinball Arcade, Bioshock Infinite, Rising Storm, Uncharted 3, Karateka, Little Inferno, Tetris Blitz
- Character Consistency in Games: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Silent Hill 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Far Cry 3, Left 4 Dead 2, Assassin’s Creed series, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto 4, Sleeping Dogs, Uncharted series
- Adam Sessler’s Bioshock Infinite review
- Penny Arcade Report: Why I Played Bioshock Infinite on Easy
- Portable Perks - Karateka
- Ludonarrative Dissonance by Clint Hocking
- Old Man Murray: Who Killed Adventure Games?
- Anamanaguchi - Helix Nebula
- Anamanaguchi - Airbase