The OMGeek Holiday Giveaway!
I've got some things on my mind.
I think it's a wonderful thing to be able to enter our chatroom and see it full of people from all over Southeast Asia. I think it's amazing how quickly we've formed a community from different cultures and nationalities throughout the region. I think this Southeast Asian thing just might work, and this makes me extremely happy. It makes all of us extremely happy. In fact...
Every Sunday evening from December 18, 2011 to January 1, 2012, we will randomly pick one member from the OMGeek community and he or she will receive a mystery gift of game from us, no strings attached!
Here are the mechanics:
- The winner shall be drawn from a prearranged pool of eligible members.
- Eligible members:
- must have a postcount of at least 15 in the forum
- must have been active on the month of December 2011
- The winner shall be chosen using the List Randomizer at random.org. The names shall be entered in alphabetical order, then randomized once. The resulting name order shall then be fed into the randomizer again. Whoever gets placed at the top of the list wins!
- Once you win, your name gets taken off the list for the rest of the giveaway period to give other members a fighting chance!
- The winner shall be announced in the forum thread on the same day of each draw.
- If you win, you have 24 hours to reply and confirm your presence. If this doesn't happen, we will immediately draw another winner using the same randomization method.
Additional things you should know:
- This mystery gift of game will be a Steam gift.
- We will rebuild the list every week. If you have 14 posts now, you won't be included in the draw this Sunday, but you'll certainly be in for next Sunday if you have 15 posts by then.
- No post padding. We place communication at a premium at OMGeek and useless posts that serve no purpose will be deleted. We will be very fair and understanding about determining what a useless post is, but we'll know it when we see it.
- Posting a video of yourself singing and/or dancing something Christmasy will not improve your chances of winning. 8( /o ;__;
That's it. Good luck and happy holidays, OMGeeks!