OMGeek Podcast #16: Are You Afraid to Compete Online?
Are you a bad enough dude to face the INTERNET? Well, sometimes.
In this episode, we talk about our reasons for avoiding many online pvp games, why some people like them so much, and how we instead get our online gaming kicks. We go over traumatic childhood gaming experiences in such brutal competitive games like Street Fighter 2 and Starcraft. We also posit the question: would you play DOTA 2 16 hours a day for a chance to meet Gabe?
[audio src="http://traffic.libsyn.com/omgeek/omgeek_e16.mp3" format="mp3"] Download the episode here
- What We’re Playing: Batman: Arkham Asylum, Wildstar Beta, Under a Killing Moon
- Coop: Because I Get Enough PVP in Real Life
- Wildstar DevSpeak videos
- Hardcore Gaming 101's article on the Tex Murphy games
- Anamanaguchi - Helix Nebula
- Menu theme from Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Menu theme from Wildstar
- "Tex's Office" - Under a Killing Moon
- "Sax Day" - Under a Killing Moon
Follow and subscribe
- Subscribe - http://omgeek.libsyn.com/rss
- Email - email@example.com
- Facebook - www.facebook.com/omgeek
- Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/omgeek
- Google+ - https://plus.google.com/102031069587323958206
- iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/ph/podcast/the-omgeek.net-podcast/id661582236
- Stitcher - http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=35657&refid=stpr